- Franz Ziegler, born in 1963, grew up in a bakery and confectionary business in Landquart Switzerland. After his apprenticeship he both worked in his parents business and continued his education, thereby adding to his already considerable skills.
- For one year he travelled as a cast member with „Up with People“ around the globe as a singer and dancer.
- The 3 years at Conditorei Merz in Chur became a crucial experience. His own style slowly started to blossom forth.
- 1989 he emigrated to Australia. Upon his return Franz Ziegler completed his Masters degree in confectionery.
- Max Felchlin Inc. in Schwyz chose him as their Export Pastry Chef. During this period he traveled for 5 years all over the world and was inspired by the many people he met and in particular the pastry chefs.
- "Magic Chocolate "was born during this time.
- 1996 Franz Ziegler Consulting was established. Successful cooperations with leading companies in the „sweet“ industry developed. Chocolate Fantasy was published in 2002 and the „Ziegler-line“ with silicone molds was established.
- Franz Ziegler was the founder of the Swiss Pastry Team and was their coach until 2006. He was jury member at the US National- and World Pastry Team Championships until 2009 and the jury president in 2008 at the World Pastry Team Championship in Phoenix. Franz Ziegler was in the original cast at the World Pastry Forum in 2002 and 2003.
- „mürb & knusprig“ was created in 2 years.
- Since 2005 he has taught at the vocational school BSA in Aarau.
- In 2008 he was honoured with the title „Pastry Chef of the year“ in Nashville.
- „Magic Marzipan“ became the new standard reference work for marzipan modelling.
- The believed to be extinct pure Nacional cacao was rediscovered in Peru after 100 years. Franz Ziegler was part of the team who secured the beans and made a premium chocolate from it. Its name is Fortunato No. 4. A sensation on a world scale for the chocolate world!
- With CHOCOLATE COLLECTION Franz Ziegler delivers a compendium of the 20 years of his chocolate art.
- "marzipan world "a treasure chest with over 200 marzipan creations and the most extensive book on the subject in the market.
Exceptional excursions with Flexipan
2005, french and english
Participation in this project.
Mürb & knusprig
La Magie du Chocolat
- Best dessert book in the world 2010 for Magic Marzipan by GOURMAND WORLD COOKBOOK AWARD
- Nominated for best book for Magic Marzipan, by Cordon Bleu Media Award
- Gold medal by the Deutschen Gastronomischen Akademie for Magic Marzipan
- Best dessert book in German 2005, for mürb & knusprig, by GOURMAND WORLD COOKBOOK Gold Medaille AWARD
- Honorary mention for mürb & knusprig, Best in the world in Kuala Lumpur 2006 ,by GOURMAND WORLD COOKBOOK AWARD
- Best Chocolate book in German 2002, for Chocolate Fantasy by GOURMAND WORLD COOKBOOK AWARD
- Best Chocolate book in English 2002 for Chocolate Fantasy, by GOURMAND WORLD COOKBOOK AWARD